We save lives…
As member of our fire company you will be expected to be active in our company and community . You will need to attend company meetings, training and drills. Our by-laws state that new members should take the Firefighter 1 or EMT courses as soon as possible. There are several fire and EMT related courses available and they are provided free to members. Don’t forget to ask about other benefits of membership. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 443-297-WVFC (9832). We are here to help you become a member of the finest volunteer fire company in the State. Please enter the requested information below.
If you are selected to advance in the application process we will contact you by email. You will then be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.00 is due when you submit your completed application.
Minimum Requirement to Volunteer
Minimum Requirement to be Considered for Part Time Employment as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age, graduated from, or enrolled in high school. Any applicant under the age of 18 and in high school, must be passing all classes with a minimum of a B grade and have your parents or legal guardian’s written consent, no exceptions. Applicants older than 18 must have completed high school or a GED equivalent.
- The applicant must not have any arson convictions or felony convictions.
- The applicant should not have any serious physical limitations that would hinder his ability to perform the duties of a Firefighter or Emergency Medical Technician.
- Must have a current EMT-B certification or higher.
- Must have a diploma from a recognized high school or a general education development certificate recognized by the Board of Education of Maryland.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license equivalent to a noncommercial class C Maryland driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a medical examination.
- Must be of good moral character and emotionally stable, as determined by a background investigation, and periodic drug testing.
- Experience as a 911 EMT Responder is required.